Friday, July 3, 2009

Ocean Isle Beach

June started out CRAZY but ended on a lovely note with a trip to Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina to join Mom, a couple sisters, their families, & even a brother, for a week of fun & sun. We all stayed in a rented beach house, which helps with the expense a whole bunch, especially with food, since we can cook our own. Of course, I had the camera handy & got some nice shots, which I will share here as time goes on. My drive home was interesting. I visited a gift shop further south, then set my GPS destination to Winchester, VA. It took me through some interesting NC county roads. Got to look over local scenery & crops. Tobacco was reaching for the sky, ready to blossom. Corn was in tassel, even being picked - here in southern PA we plan on "knee high by the 4th of July". Blueberries were everywhere. Yum, my favorite! The Canon was on the seat beside me, but if I had stopped to take the shots I seen, I'd probably not be home yet!

I have many images to process & share on here, vacation & otherwise. So hopefully I can get myself back to normal (whatever that is) with regular posts.

This is a family shot taken on the beach. Keep in mind this is not even half of us!

No comments: