Monday, October 27, 2008

Penn State Mont Alto










Thanks so much to all of your nice comments last week. It is such fun to "travel" through your eyes to visit all the places I may never see otherwise. This past Sunday I traveled to Penn State Mont Alto. My daughter is a student at that campus, just beginning the long journey to a nursing degree. She had told me there were some really colorful trees in the area - unfortunately the wind got there before I did, so I caught partial trees, but no worries they were still very nice. If by chance you are a college football fan you will recognize the Nittany Lion as Penn State's mascot. At the Mont Alto campus he is surrounded by a beautiful garden, including benches for weary students & Mom photographers to take a break. The other shot is the chapel located on campus. It too, is surrounded by a lovely garden with benches & a good number of trees to provide shade on sunny days. This college campus is small, appeared very clean, & was so peaceful during my visit. I would be interested in returning on a week day to watch the hustle & bustle of students hurrying everywhere. To share your world or enjoy other join us by clicking here. GO PENN STATE! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

14 comments:

Guy D said...

Wow I love that pic of the cat statue. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Louise said...

A beautiful place! I'm glad they have benches for the tired moms!

ChrissyM said...

Lovely photos. what a beautiful place.

Photo Cache said...

Likewise, I really enjoy this meme as I can go visit other "worlds" every week without paying for gas.

I will come back for more next week.

My entry is at http://ewok1993.wordpress.com

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice statue of the Nittany Lion, Penn State's mascot.

Unknown said...

Love the piccie of the big cat

2sweetnsaxy said...

I think college campuses are great. I'll never forget how they have to cover Tommy Trojan every year when they're getting ready to play UCLA. :-)

Arija said...

Hope your daughter is happy in such a lovely place.

Oman said...

Thank you for the wonderful tour. This 2nd week of meme really makes us appreciate the many places that we don't usually see or ever had a chance to visit like the one you showed me in this post. Hope you get to have time to check my world too. Another great job and more to come in the coming weeks.

imac said...

Nice shots.

dianasfaria.com said...

Very nice photos. I really like the chapel too.

MaryAnn Ashley said...

The chapel is great... really interesting detail & texture.

kjpweb said...

Beautiful! A nice glimpse into your World!
Cheers, Klaus

P.S.: A tip. You should change the settings on who can comment.
Many Bloggers do not have a Blogger account. If you set it to registered users, you include good bloggers, using OpenId. :)

Reuben South said...

It seems like you had a very scenic trip. Your daughter is lucky to be attending school in such a beautiful area. I've recently decided to go back to school myself and earn my online nursing degree, but I won't have the grounds to wander. It's still a good thing I appreciate my home and the places I visit.