Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Welcome Break from Chores!




Thanks to my Skywatch friends who visited my blog & left comments last week. I looked back into files to get this weeks shot. After the cold, windy weather this week I considered a beach shot to help remember the warmth, but we will look at that another time (maybe during a snow storm). I remember an evening in August when I pulled myself away from my computer to attend to household chores. The first chore was loading the dishwasher. Approaching the sink I could not help notice the neighbor's trees & how the ruffled silhouettes were backed by the beautiful colors of the sunset. I grabbed the camera & ran. Now, I really do not like using a tripod, but I know how important it is in low light situations. Since I did not have time to mess setting up the thing I did next best. My car roof made a wonderful steady (& expensive) tripod. Not too many of this series turned out well, but I do like this one. Enjoy. To the sky from everywhere or to share your's click here.

7 comments:

marLou said...

I like the pinkish tones to the sky. It reminds me of a tie-dyed skirt that I had with different grades of pink.

kjpweb said...

Very beautiful! Wonderful colors!
Cheers, Klaus

kjpweb said...

Uh - I forgot. A tip. You are excluding a lot of good bloggers from commenting. If you set your comments to accept registered users, you will include them. They are not anonymous - but with a systemwide ID - the OpenId. Just a suggestion:)

Susan said...

Thanks for your comment on my MYWORLD post.
I love the photo on your header. I often use a simelar perspective for shooting flowers. Makes them really extraordinary!
Nice sky watch!

me ann my camera said...

Lovely pinks! Happy skywatch.

Arija said...

A pretty pink sky.

Naturegirl said...

Beautiful color! I can appreciate how you were impressed when you stood at the sink!
I posted my SWF images from a day in August too!