Sunday, March 15, 2009

Waterfowl

We took a trip to Middle Creek Wildlife Restoration Area today despite the cloudy, gray day. Just in case you are not familiar this area is managed by the PA Game Commission & is host to numerous species of waterfowl. In fact, if you get there at the right time, when the birds are returning north, there are thousands that rest in the lake overnight only to resume their journey early the next morning. Middle Creek is located deep in PA Dutch country, not too awfully far from Lancaster. While doing my usual people watching I noticed the big draw at the point was the resident eagle(s). I was able to spot one, in a tree watching over the lake. No good captures to share today though. I noticed a number of lovely red winged blackbirds & a blue bird too.

Mr. Canada Goose looks on as mama prepares the nest. Any thought on this ladies?


I repeat, gotta love that motor drive.


Reflections


I think the Great Blue Heron is an ugly bird, but at the same time I am fascinated by their grace in the air & on the water. I took quite a few shots of this guy. Sure would have liked to see him take off!

No comments: